Our Kelai kava tea is shade-grown on the fertile volcanic slopes of Epi. A collective of small-lot farmers first begins by organically raising the kava in their gardens for 5 years before selection. Next, they hand-harvest, peel, and thoroughly clean the lawena and waka roots. After drying in the South Pacific sun, we lab test our Kelai kava to ensure its nobility and potency.
- 100% Pure Green Noble Kava Kava (Piper Methysticum): a natural herb that may help to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms.
- Kelai Kava tea is known for its pleasantly heady and euphoric effects, which are a fan favorite for getting into a creative flow state. Promotes calm, stress relief, anti-anxiety, and restful sleep with a clear focus.
- Our instant green kava kava root powder has a high % of kavalactones, the active ingredient that promotes stress relief, calm, and relaxation for sleep. The closest and quickest way to get that island feel.
- An easy-to-drink daytime option to bring you back to center, spur inspiration, or release the day’s anxiety. True Instant Green Kava Powder, not micronized dried root powder like many other brands.
- Tasting Notes: Terrene with a smooth creamy texture. Notes of cashew, grass, and peppery finish.
- Current Batch: Lot 111
- Chemotype: 423615
- Kavalactones total by volume: 14.01%
Kelai is a rare cultivar grown only on the island of Epi (formerly known as Tasiko or Volcano Island). The farmers that grow it take great pride in it and tend to save it for traditional cultural events or special occasions. If you’re looking for a beverage to have in a relaxed social setting with friends, or an uplifting drink to recharge in peace, it’s a great option.
Our Commitment to Sustainability:
Coral Reef Restoration
We fell in love with the ocean at an early age through scuba diving and underwater photography (maybe The Voyage of the Mimi also had something to do with it). Within our lifetime, there has been an accelerated decline in the health of coral reefs worldwide. Coral reefs are the keystone of life and abundance that the oceans provide to humanity. Many of the village communities we work with rely on local reefs as fish nurseries for their local fishing grounds to feed their families. As part of our commitment to combating global climate change and restoring our coral reefs to their former glory, 5% of our profits will be donated to non-profits focused on the herculean task of restoring our coral reefs.
As part of our company ethos, we strive to provide premium products with a minimal impact on our environment. We are committed to utilizing the most sustainable packaging options currently available. Our kraft standup pouches are Biotrē™, made of 60% (by weight) renewable plant resources and 60% is broken down into healthy compost using processes from OECD and conditions taken from ASTM standards.
There are no reviews yet.